ROHIT GOYAL

Actually it started on 19th January, I was sitting in my room surfing net when I got a call from one of our PAC members PRADEEP KAUSHIK asking me whether I am interested for FREESCALE or not. I just couldn’t believe what he was talking about (“because placement policy of our college doesn’t permit us to apply for a job when we already had a dream job”).....and I said YES immediately. The next day I just figured out what are the various subjects that I need to study for the big day. I just arranged those books and thought now it’s time to study. I tried to study but soon realized that books were doing nothing good to my confidence and I decided to leave it all to destiny. 

Here comes the big day, I was waiting for, The 25th January, the day when FREESCALE visited our campus. I got up at 7:40 am (as we were told to reach the SENATE HALL “venue of written test” at 9:00 am), got ready and reached the venue on time. Well..!! as expected we were informed by our PAC members that we have to wait for about half an hour and we understood that they were talking about 2 hours, “having experienced that earlier”. We went to the market and spent the time there until we were called again to reach the SENATE. The company members were there by this time, they instructed us in brief about the test and the test started around 11:30 am. It was a 1.5 hour subjective test containing fifteen questions… after the test there was a presentation and then we were told to wait for the results. We had our lunch in the mean time and then waited for results. (I was hopeful by my performance in the test that I will make it to the interviews but was a little anxious while waiting for results). At 3:15 pm the results were put on the notice board and I was quite happy seeing that I secured 6th rank in 23 shortlisted candidates for the interviews. My interview was scheduled at 4:15 pm. I went quickly to my room and dressed up in my formals and reached the FACULTY HOUSE (venue for the interviews) at 4:10 pm. My interview was scheduled at 4:15 pm but I have to wait till 5:15 pm for my interview as the earlier candidate (my friend RAHUL SINGLA) was in there in a long discussion with the panel. I spent my time by walking in the corridor in a to and fro motion “just like a pendulum ;)”. Finally he came out and I was called in for my interview “A TECHNICAL INTERVIEW”. I entered the room and two people were waiting to interrogate me. I said, “good evening sir” and they offered me a seat. Now I was sitting in front of them for a questionnaire……..
0 Responses

Post a Comment