ROHIT GOYAL

After that technical interview it was 6:40 pm by my watch, I was out discussing my interview with friends and was also waiting for a call for an HR interview. I kept on waiting and finally at about 7:30 pm, I was asked to get ready as I will be facing HR interview very soon. I went inside and asked for the permission from the HR, he told me to wait outside as he was interviewing my friend GAGAN ANAND. I waited there for about 15-20 mins and finally was called in for the interview. I wished him (the only person in the room other than me) good evening and he offered me a seat. He got my resume in his hand and a form on which there were various categories under which he was supposed to judge me…..

Well..!! his first question was again the same conversation starter…..”Tell me something about yourself” and I repeated the same answer as I’ve answered previously. After that some more repetitive questions from the previous interview about the earlier job offers and all…….

Then he asked some basic aptitude problems which were just too easy in an interview for firm like FREESCALE (or the reason for asking those problems might be that he understood I won’t be able to solve difficult ones ;) …..). After some of those easy problems he just dictated a problem which was (he himself was not clear in his mind) not dictated properly. I first discussed the problem with him and solved that 3 times with different explanations but always with same solution values and got the same answer from him….”You are wrong Mr. (with that great smile on his face which I wasn’t liking that time…..)” …… Then I insisted him to repeat the problem…..and he dictated that again……but before doing that he asked, “Do you have a trait of ‘try to convince others’ with best of your efforts even though, you know that you are wrong”. I admitted that and answered,” yes Sir…I do have that but I only try to convince others when I am sure that I am correct at a point……..he interrupted me with my answer and asked, “don’t you think that it’s your OVERCONFIDENCE”……and I replied, ”no sir. I also love to listen and accept others point if he have a reasonable explanation to that point of his…..” and I took him again back to the same problem and solved it for the fourth time and amazing thing was I got the same solution as well as the answer from him……… ” I was a bit angry by that and I just asked him (or just convinced him ;) …..) to either listen my solution or to solve that problem himself and he decided to choose the later one and when he solved the problem himself he got the same answer as I calculated all the times…… Now he was shocked at that and it was my time to smile…..(same way as he was earlier,,,,,). He too smiled at that and said…..so you were right and  ( I guess for the first time he was a bit impressed,,,,,). Then he asked, “if we offer you a posting in AMERICA so will you take that ?” I answered, “sir, only if you send me for a period of around 2 years to explore the opportunities, I will go but I won’t settle there and mentioned the reason that I can’t left my parents for a longer period and they also don’t want to settle abroad with me either ….”. he found my answer convincing and said, “ok….fair enough”. Then he asked about details of the family members’ occupation and I answered him casually. Then he started asking questions like……comparison of FREESCALE with other companies. Then he asked, “we, FREESCALE have a bond of five years and a package lesser than other companies. Are you ready to sign that bond with us”. I took a moment and answered, “sir, I can sign a bond of maximum period of two years but not more than that………and about package I will say if FREESCALE had even offered 2 lacks….then also I would’ve been sitting in front of you.” He just pen down something on his form and then asked me to clarify my doubts about the company if I got any. I again asked the same questions as I asked in the presentation but didn’t got the convincing answers there…………and I got them here….(in a general healthy discussion with him). After that he asked me to leave with a smile and I left the room and came out with a satisfied mind and a good feeling about my interview…..i noticed that this interview was about of 45 mins and it was about 8:40 pm by then.  Then I discussed that interview with my friends waiting outside………….and wait for the recruitment final results continues…….about which we had no idea that how much time we have to wait for…… in the mean time, some candidates were called for their second interview and some of them even for third….. so all kinds of rumors about the recruitment process were going on that time……nothing we could do about that…..so we just kept on waiting…..
0 Responses

Post a Comment