ROHIT GOYAL
Well....now i was sitting there expecting a lot of technical questions.....and here was their first question, “so Rohit, tell us something about yourself.” I answered their question starting from my name, then about my schooling and family and ended that with my interests like writing hindi poetry and watching cricket. (actually I never thought, that answer will be the theme of my whole interview ). After this answer one of them asked, “ can u do poetry right now, lets say on a pen in my hand ?” I answered,”yes sir , can I take a moment ” and started thinking over it. After about a minute I asked for their permission and these were my lines “aaj fir aasman mein chand chad aaya hai, aapke haathon mein mujhe ye pen nazar aaya hai. Kitni hai taakat is pen ki ye mujhse pooch lijiye, aur ik sign karke is se mujhe job ka offer dijiye”. I figured out they were impressed and when they came to know that i also write blogs they asked me to give my blog address to them. After this one of them told me that they have picked up a candidate from DCE who also have interest in poetry and they will make me compete with him. Now there was the time, when they explored my second area of interest that’s watching cricket. He asked me  or rather I should say discussed with me about the last ODI of the recent series between india and SA where india lost to SA. “I enjoyed the discussion and the panel too”.

Now they asked some questions about my family and I kept on answering them. Nothing interesting about those questions or the answers of mine (just the general ones). “By this time I was thinking whether  I was really facing a technical interview”. After all this stuff, they took my folder and started looking at my resume and rest of the certificates (well..!! I was not expecting that really… Never heard of requirement of folder in campus placements ) . After looking at it, he asked, “do you got any job offers yet ?” I answered, “yes sir, I got a offer from DELOITTE INDIA” and then he asked for the package and I said, “it’s around 5 lpa.” I soon figured out that he wasn’t ready to buy that answer and he asked, “what I am seeing from your resume is you are a rank holder as well as strong in programming languages then why you chose delloite which is a consulting firm ?”. ( I thought this question was just like a question in exam which I have no clue about but still have to answer ). I smiled thinking that and answered, “sir actually, I take feedback from my brother and he suggested me that DELOITTE is a really nice company......he interrupted me with my answer and asked “you haven’t applied for any normal or dream job other than DELOITTE or you weren’t selected in them ?”......i took a moment and said,”sir, I haven’t applied for those because no core company other than NSYS and TEJAS have visited our campus yet and I was placed before these and…… ” he again interrupted me and asked, “why I haven’t applied for any software companies when I am strong in programming ( and also mentioned names of yahoo and Microsoft )?” now I felt the ball in my court and answered immediately, “sir, we had all three in our campus i.e. GOOGLE, YAHOO and MICROSOFT but all these are just for COMPUTER and IT streams only so there is no point discussing on that.”” I thought this topic would be over now but he just didn’t want me to walk away from that so easily and asked, “so, let us assume you are getting an offer from any of these three and also an offer from FREESCALE, which of those will you choose ?” ( I thought should I answer what he wants me to or original one.) I chose to answer the original one and said,”sir, I will go with the offer from those three as according to present scenario I feel they are better than FREESCALE and if I say FREESCALE that would be a fake answer which I don’t want to.” (I don’t’ know whether he was enjoying this discussion or whatever the reason was…but he kept on asking questions on this and here is another one ) he asked,”so, you are regretting being in ECE ?” I answered that even before he completed his question,”no sir, I think in Computers or IT we program for softwares without knowing of the fact about the real hardware and memory constraints whereas in ECE we really know all about the hardware of the system and then program them accordingly.” He was quite satisfied with my answer now and asked, “you have  the knowledge of assembly language of 8086 and 8051 and VHDL too, then why you have studied java ?” I answer this question very casualy,”sir, I have a lot of interest in programming so I thought I should learn java too as it’s platform independent language.”( I just forgot to tell you a thing that my written test was in the interviewer’s hands and I had already seen that I scored 39 marks.) the next question he asked was, “so, Rohit aapko kya lagta hai aaj aapne test mein kaisa perform kiya, kitne marks liye honge aapne ?” this time I just pretended that I was thinking and then answered,”I guess I performed fine in the test and must have scored around 35-40 marks.” He smiled and said, “quite impressive” and I just added, “sir actually I know what I’ve done in test so….” Now he opened my paper and show me the questions which I haven’t attempted (I thought here comes the technical stuff) and asked me to give’em a try and I answered without wasting any time,”sir, If I could’ve then I wou……”he interrupted and added han tab hi kar dete”” I just smiled at him. Then i got my first technical question,”can you design NAND and NOR gate using CMOS”. I was shocked by this question (to all those non ECE readers, I assure you it was just like a 2+2 maths question for us ECE students) and designed the circuit. Then he asked 1-2 questions on basic digital electronics and I answered them as nothing difficult about those. Then he asked,”if you were to rate analog and digital electronics what will be your rating.” I answered, “sir on a scale of 10, I will rate analog on 6 and digital a 8.” Now, other one asked,”what’s the name of your girl friend ?” I thought I must’ve done a mistake in listening him and asked ,”what sir ?” he said,”your girl friend’s name?” I answered, “I don’t have any” but he just didn’t believe me and asked that question thrice and I just stood by my answer. Now from other end I got a question,”you have said that you have interest in programming and digital electronics, so which are the subjects u don’t have much interest in?” I thought for a moment and answered, “I guess DSP sir…”he asked why in b/w” and I said I just never got any interest in transforms like things”. He said alright and asked who is your favorite teacher here. I replied,”Mr. ARIF SIR…..he is not here now, he taught us digital electronics.” And again as I was expecting he asked why and I answered,”he was not biased at all….you have to admit somewhere other teachers are but he wasn’t……” after this, he relaxed a bit and said,”Rohit, pata hai yaar tumse baat karke maza aa gaya……maine jitney bhi interview liye hain aaj tak,I always got those conventional answers which we want to listen which is not the case with you.” Now he asked me to clear my doubts if I have any. Ya I asked a few questions and they answered them or rather clearified all my doubts. Then he asked me to leave. I said,”thanks a lot, it was really a nice experience” and left the room quite confident about my interview but still in a doubt whether I’ve gone through a technical interview………
0 Responses

Post a Comment